tom foley

Did the Democratic Gov of CT Make Efforts to Strip Collective Bargaining Rights from Teachers?

Did the Democratic Gov of CT Make Efforts to Strip Collective Bargaining Rights from Teachers?
Had the Connecticut General Assembly not stripped Gov. Dannel Malloy's anti-union provisions, 1,000 - 1,500 public school teachers, in up to 25 mostly poor schools across the state, would have lost their rights to collective bargain. Even scarier: Malloy is Connecticut's least anti-union candidate for governor.
origin Author: 
origin Blog: 

Republican Candidate for CT Gov Conveniently Stops Talking About Ethics Once People Look Into His Fundraising

Republican Candidate for CT Gov Conveniently Stops Talking About Ethics Once People Look Into His Fundraising
Not that long ago, it looked as if former ambassador and Bush/Cheney BFF Tom Foley was going to make ethics reform a central feature of his "sequel" campaign for governor of Connecticut. He introduced (failed) legislation, released an onslaught of ads saying as much, and presented his case to the media. Of course, that was before all the allegations of his unethical campaigning started to pour out.
origin Author: 
origin Blog: 

CT Really Dislikes Its Governor, but Here Are 6 Reasons Malloy May Win Anyway

CT Really Dislikes Its Governor, but Here Are 6 Reasons Malloy May Win Anyway
The latest NYT/CBS poll of the Connecticut governor's race is devastating to incumbent Dan Malloy — in particular its assessment of the Democrat's standing among independent voters. In a look at gubernatorial races across the country, in which he affirmed the conventional wisdom that Republicans are likely to do well this fall, Nate Silver recently opined that Tom Foley has a 58 percent chance of winning versus Dan Malloy's 42 percent in a head-to-head rematch of the 2010 gubernatorial contest. But it's not all bad news for Malloy.
origin Author: 
origin Blog: