What on Earth could have possessed WI voters to keep Gov. Scott Walker? How about this: Wisconsin job numbers & economic stats aren't as bad as Alabama's. Score one for Walker & dig Gov. Bentley even deeper into the job proficiency hole. At this rate, even his great-children wouldn't merit a salary check from the state of Alabama.
Alabama Went Into Recession in 2011:
The state was tied with Mississippi for the second-worst GDP growth in the nation, behind Wyoming, which saw its GDP drop 1.2 percent, according to the report. Hawaii, Maine and New Jersey also reported negative GDP growth in 2011.
Does this suprise anyone paying attention? After all, the priorities of the supermajority were pretty clear....
- A tough immigration law that only served to reinforce the state's rep as a bigot haven.
- A "tweak" to the immigration law that made the damn thing worse.
- Bizarre new anti-abortion laws designed to help a woman "understand that it's a live baby" in her uterus - because, of course, she's too damn stupid to understand that.
- Cuts to teacher pay & benefits because paying them more leads to less qualified instructors who take the job for "all the wrong reasons."
- Obsession with "local bills" that set up slush funds for powerful legislators and cement the legislature's fame as the "nation's largest county commission."
- Childlike whining when their lack of attention to critical state issues receives negative publicity.
- A traveling freak show/clown car of stupidity that has mesmerized the entire nation for 2 years.
But a jobs bill? Tax reform? Making hard choices instead of punting and asking voters to do it for them?
MISSING. IN. ACTION.
These clowns are interested in only two things: staying in office and lining their pockets with the cash from special interests who demand tax breaks & special treatment.
Give them another few years and office & Alabama will have sunk so low that we'll all be looking directly into the Devil's living room.
Help toss them out.... donate to the Alabama Democratic Party. Do it now. Do it often.